ILSTO Informational School Representation Orientation Meetings
Iowa Lutheran Student Tuition Organization (ILSTO) is Iowa’s answer to assisting students to attend the schools of their choice—not necessarily their local public schools. Your local Lutheran school provides just such a choice for church and community members. The LCMS schools of Iowa have come together to form this organization—a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization. Anyone who pays Iowa state income tax can donate and receive the tax benefits.
ILSTO is offering School Representation Program Orientation Meetings. This program is for Principals, ILSTO representatives from each school, pastors, interested congregation members, and school family members. It will provide greater awareness for ILSTO, how it works, and offer an opportunity for questions.
Dates and Training Locations
- Central Lutheran, Newhall—January 17th 2:00—3:00pm
- Central Lutheran, Newhall—January 19th 7:00—8:00pm
- St. Paul, Fort Dodge—January 24th 2:00—3:00pm
- Zion, Denison—January 31st 2:00—3:00pm
Please RSVP by registering by Friday January 8, 2016 using the form found here: http://goo.gl/forms/ydizbI5KZo. Our ILSTO representative is Dewey Torkelson.
- Opening Introductions and Prayer
- Purpose and Meeting Expectations
- Iowa School Choice
- ILSTO and How It Works
- Role and Expectations of the School Representatives / Relationship with ILSTO